Friday 19 April 2013

Sunday 21st April 2013

On Thursday Freddie had what should be his last appointment at the Children's development centre at Nottingham City Hospital.

The chunky monkey weighed in at 25 pounds exactly which puts him just above the 50th centile for his age.
This is great, we have really noticed him filling out lately so are very pleased.

His height was also taken and he measured in at 84cm. Again this is on the 50th centile for his age meaning he is roughly of average height. Good enough for me!

The doctor was pleased to see him walking and playing and I explained that he is saying new words every day.

All good on the development.

Then the doctor listened to his heart..
This went on for much longer then I was happy about.
When I say much longer it was probably about two minutes. However the second I realised he was listening for more than his usual 20 I got into a bit of a fluster.

The doctor was listening to Freddie's heart murmur. He asked if the doctors at Glenfield have discussed a murmur with us.

I was sure that in his clinic letters the doctors have always mentioned a murmur but the terminology is always a bit complex.

Anyway, the doc said he would contact Freddie's consultant.
The next day I rang a cardiac liaison nurse at Glenfield hospital. She was wonderful and explained what a heart murmur is and that the doctors who have scanned Freddie's heart numerous times would be aware of it.
She told me I shouldn't be worried which is always nice to hear from a professional.

A reminder, however small, of difficult times past is never very welcome by me.
However, it also makes us appreciate Freddie's amazing development even more.




No comments:

Post a Comment